Many times buying decisions on e-commerce websites are taken on the basis on feedback . The status of your seller account also depends on the feedback left by buyers, but it is often subject to manipulation. On Ebay.com , there is a good system, that unless a buyer has got atleast 5 feedbacks, he or she cannot leave feedback for the seller. In India, on the other hand, e-commerce websites are looking to increase the customer base, so if a competitor wants to damage the credibility of any e-commerce website, they use the following technique
- Find out who the better sellers are ( not in terms of feedback but actual customer support)
- have people sign up using the coupons available to new customers and purchase products
- leave negative feedback for the seller intentionally
- the sellers is affected and he or she stops selling online
- the competition for certain other sellers is reduced and they can charge higher prices.